Thursday, December 31, 2009
Oh what a wonderful Christmas we had!! I wish I could upload all the photos, but I took so many it's hard to pick just one! I have such an amazing family that loves joe, me, and little man so much! We got more than we ever needed, but the best part as always is just getting together, and of course the food!! We will be playing with new toys for little man until his first birthday..HA!! But the best present was double DVD players in our car!! YAY!! Little man absolutely cannot stand the car at night, and screams until he's sick...but now with a tv, driving at night is a breeze!! I hope your Christmas was as great as ours!! Now on to the New Year....
Until next time!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
He laughs now at everything, and is never quiet. We still haven't mastered napping on the weekends, but thank goodness we have a happy baby who doesn't mind being on the go! Joe and I realize everyday how amazingly blessed and lucky we are. I don't think anyone can explain the love you have for you child until you realize it first hand!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
- He has 2 teeth on the bottom. The first tooth wasn't that bad, but we've felt every ache and pain with the 2nd one. Poor baby just could not feel good!!
- He can go from his stomach to sitting. I love going in to his room in the morning, and he is sitting up waiting on me, and at times he is already pulling the bumper down looking :)
- He can CRAWL! He started about a week ago, and hasn't stopped. He's not fast by any means, but he gets where he wants to go. His favorite thing right now is the dvds. No matter where he is in the den, he goes straight for them. I think we'll be moving them a little higher now.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
We have had so many ups and downs in the past two years, some planned and others not so planned!! We have cried, laughed, yelled, and hugged, but every night we go to sleep knowing whatever the world throws at us, we'll take it head on together.
The best thing about these past two years was the birth of little man. I always knew Joe would be a great daddy, but I never would have imagined he would be this good. This day, and this view from the bed was the best ever...we were a family, and it was the best feeling!!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
So this is what we did today!! Big Joe has been battling a head cold all week and if finally caught up with me and little man!! We mostly hung out all weekend with my mom because she was babysitting Sam and Ava....but today we were just pooped, and both of us were sneezing and coughing! Luckily we never ran a fever, so we hope after a day of rest, we both are ready to start the week feeling good!!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Also this month...
- he fights us every time we change his diaper. For so long I wanted him to turn over, but now it's getting more and more difficult to put a diaper on backwards.
- he smiles at everything, and his laugh is contagious!
- he wears size three diapers
- wears nine month clothing
- eats almost 3 meals a day, yogurt for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and if he feels like it vegetables for dinner.
- he is the best baby to take out...but nosey! He will seat in his seat and play the entire time, but constantly turns to make sure he's not missing anything...(but he gets it honest)
- weighs 18.7 pounds
- adores his dad, and looks for him when he walks out of the room.
- is not crawling yet, but just scoots around on his hands to get what he wants.
He is such an amazing little guy, and every day I get to spend with him is truly a blessing. We are so lucky to be his parents, and try every day not to take it for granted. Also we are going next week to the eye doctor..they thinks its a clogged tear duct....and we've been dealing with it forever ( or 7 months at least)...so I'm relived to get this over with.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Today you were dedicated at church. Your Daddy and I stood up front and made a commitment to God and everyone that we would raise you in a Christ-centered home. I pray and hope that we don't disappoint. We are by no means perfect, and we will make mistakes...but we will always try our best. We hope to teach you to have a heart for Christ, to love others, to not judge, to be kind, respectful and a gentlemen. But most of all to seek Christ in all you do.
After church we all went and ate, and you are so blessed and lucky. Everyone there today was there because they love you, and hope to you grow up to be a Christian man. We ate, and ate until we couldn't eat anymore, but you slept for a bit..you were definitely worn out. You let everyone hold you, laughed, smiled, and enjoyed your moment.
You are an amazing little man, and you get sweeter everyday. I am so grateful that God choose your Dad and I to raise you. We will do our best, we will love you , care for you, be there when you fail, and be your biggest cheerleader in all you do.
At the end of the day Joseph I hope that you know your Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know....but God loves you more than we ever will!
Until next time...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
So...this is how the "photo shoot" went for most of the time. Little man is soo interested in things now..and loves to touch them.
- A clean house is not always best...but laying on the floor cuddling and kissing on your baby is.
- Priorities change, who cares what I wear, if it's in style, or where I got it from...I have a baby now..and that's the best accessory ever!
- Sleep is no longer a priority...if you get it great... if you don't it's more time with the baby.
- The way you look at life is completely different...my days are no longer filled with knowing the latest gossip, going out at the best places, etc. But now I cannot wait until 5:00 when I can go pick up little man, and I love, love going home and hanging out with little man and big man!
- I never appreciated my husband more than when i see him being a Dad, makes you fall in love all over again with him..
- There is nothing in this world that compares to the way you feel when you walk in a room, and your child's face lights up...
MMMMM...couldn't you just eat him??
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- He is finally turning over good now. He enjoys getting to his stomach, and is so proud of himself. But after a few minutes he realizes he can't get back so easily and so he bangs his nose down and grunts until someone turns him over.
- He loves, loves, loves him some vegetables. He is eating oatmeal every morning, and then eats either vegetables or fruits every evening, and cleans the container.
- We realized this week he loves prunes!! He actually kept licking his mouth long after the spoon had left it.
- He went to the beach for the first time.
- He is still sleeping in our room...and I love it! Nothing can compare to watching your child sleeping when you are falling asleep.
- He is still a happy go-lucky baby, and is mostly content whenever he is fed, and changed.
- His hand-eye coordination is amazing. Anything within five inches of his face he grabs for...once he gets it, it goes straight to the mouth.
- Not sure if he is starting the teething process but he has stopped sucking things and is now biting down on it...a finger is his most favorite.
- I cant imagine now not being a mom...he definitely has made me a much better person. I am absolutely without a doubt in love with my little man!! AHHH makes my heart smile!!!
The next couple of pictures are from the beach. We went last week with the Wentzkys and had a great time. The beach is always great, and it was wonderful to get to relax and of course enjoy spending time with little man!!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Life is Hard, but God is GOOD!
Until next time...
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Could this little man be any cuter?!?! AHHH i could just eat him! His grandpa brought him back this Bass Pro Shop hat and it looks adorable on him. We put it on him, and I think he would wear it for hours, he never seems to be bothered by it. Poor guy is only 4.5 months and already wearing camo...what have i gotten myself into?!?
And last but not least, little man has now had his first ear infection. (sad face) He started out on Saturday having a runny nose, and mild fever. By Sunday he was coughing, the snotty nose got worse, a runny eye, and fever. I called the on call nurse because I wanted to know if there was something else I could give him, but my wonderful pediatrician (Parkside Pediatrics), agreed to see us at the office Sunday afternoon. He gave him some amoxicilian, and by Monday morning he was a much happier boy. I stayed at home with him Monday and realized it was much easier with a 2 month old, than a 4.5 month old. He didn't feel good so he was very clingy..(not that i minded)! The picture of him is from Sunday. Poor little guy....
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
And here are the sad pictures....here is one leg...hold your heart! He woke up and his tylenol had run out.....and he was screaming for about 15 minutes.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
If you can't tell I take tons of pictures...I think he's getting used to it! Here's another one...he is getting there!